What are the qualifications for CEH
What you need to consider for cybersecurity
The number of cyber attacks increases every year. The attacks are becoming more serious and sophisticated. This also increases the companies' interest in employing experts. Specops has analyzed over 800 jobs in the field of cybersecurity: What are the skills that applicants need to bring with them?
System security specialist in the system headquarters.
Photo: PantherMedia / Gorodenkoff
A recent study by Specops Software found that this year, 54% of business owners across various industries experienced increased levels of cyber threats. In order to neutralize risks and protect key functions from a threat from cyber attacks, more and more managers are recognizing the importance of cyber security positions (cyber security analyst, cyber security specialist, etc.) in their organizations. Specops Software analyzed data from job search specialists GlassDoor1) and Indeed1)to find out who are the highest paid cyber security specialists in Europe and what technical / professional qualifications for cyber security functions are most wanted in the current job market.
Cyber security jobs: which certificates are meaningful for?
The study found that Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is the most popular certification for cyber security positions. 33% of the search entries related to this evidence (279/843). CISSP certification confirms that a person can develop and execute information security programs. The average annual salary of a qualified person is € 64,852. "Information Security Manager (CISM - 21%)" ranks second among the qualifications of cyber security experts. In 174 of 843 analyzed positions, this appeared as a key qualification, the average annual salary here is € 65,972. In third place is "Information Systems Auditor (CISA - 14%)", followed by "Ethical Hacker (CEH - 5%)" in fourth place. In particular, holders of the “Cloud Security Professional (CCSP - 4%)” certification have a chance of a good annual salary with an average of € 66,316. On the other hand, the “Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)” is the least sought after qualification for cybersecurity. It only appears in 1% (5/843) of cybersecurity jobs.
Cyber security jobs: which programming languages should you be proficient in?
Cyber Security Specialists: Where In Europe Are They Best Paid?
The evaluation of the Specops Software study showed that cyber security specialists in Switzerland get the highest annual salary in Europe with an astonishingly high average of 85,761 euros. In second place is Germany with a respectable average income of 65,012 euros per year. In third place is Norway. Cyber security experts in the country could earn an average of 59,139 euros per year for their knowledge and experience. Ireland (€ 56,932), Belgium (€ 56,400) and Luxembourg (€ 55,572) are among the other countries where cyber security professionals can earn an average of more than € 50,000 per year - in fourth, fifth and sixth place respectively. Interestingly, the UK ranks tenth as cyber security specialists in the country earn an average annual salary of € 44,982. That is almost half of the earnings as in Switzerland. On the other hand, cyber security personnel in Poland (€ 15,765), Turkey (€ 12,468) and Greece (€ 11,355) can expect net income of less than € 16,000 per year, making them the worst paid cyber security experts in Europe . Overall, a cyber security expert in Europe can earn an average annual salary of € 39,372 on the current job market.
How beginners can build skills and experience for cyber security tasks
1) DIY test site: set up two or more computers connected by router at home and run security tests on your own hardware, software, firewall and server. This way you can find weak points in your own network and solutions to secure them. Make sure you record and document your work to show potential employers how you came up with your own cybersecurity strategies.
2) Certifications for Beginners If you want to learn the basics of cybersecurity, you should consider certifications for beginners such as Network +, Certified Ethical Hacker, and Security +. Security +, in particular, is considered a great certification if you want to explore the basics of cybersecurity.
3) Network: Build relationships with influential people and companies in the cybersecurity industry through social networking platforms like LinkedIn. Many “influencers” value the time it takes to reach them, and most are happy to provide advice and guidance. Here it can be worthwhile to join professional associations such as the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec). That way, you might get a job, internship, or volunteer position to gain hands-on experience.
4) Make Use of Online Learning Resources: You can learn with a range of online courses available at the push of a button and completed anytime, anywhere! There is so much to focus on. Try to master network console commands like Cisco IOS and NX-OS. You will also acquire extensive knowledge of major operating systems (e.g. Linux, Android, etc.) and scripting languages (e.g. Python, C ++).
1) Since GlassDoor and Indeed are real-time job searches, the information is constantly being edited, updated and removed. The data given is therefore a snapshot at the time of the study.
More information can be found here.
- Trump has a stroke
- Should I be a lawyer or a pilot
- What is the exact definition of the theory
- What prevented the demise of Twitter
- Is that misophony
- Why is oversharing a bad thing?
- Where are solar panels prohibited on the roof
- Can you check my investment portfolio 1
- What holds stained glass together
- Like many main books, Bitcoin has
- The food in VIT is unlimited
- What's a single moment in Indianapolis
- What are some good webcam recording software
- Are all protons, neutrons and electrons identical
- What is human physiology
- What brand is this pen
- Can you kill a cop
- We are 500 startups since 2015
- Up to what age can a boy masturbate
- What is the speed of sodium hydroxide
- How can I learn Sanskrit grammar easily
- What are some great software
- Can a human gene be manipulated?
- What percentage of Serbs speak English