What is the future of GSK Pharma
GlaxoSmithKline is now also producing corona vaccine for CureVac
Tübingen / London. The Tübingen start-up CureVac is expanding its industrial partnerships: On Monday, Bayer AG announced that it would build a plant for mRNA active ingredients in Wuppertal, on which CureVac's corona vaccine ("CVnCoV") will be produced.
Now follows the British manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline, which in alliance with CureVac wants to develop “next-generation mRNA vaccines” that protect “against several variants of SARS-CoV-2”, according to a statement on Wednesday.
In addition, GSK will also support the production of the first corona vaccine, CureVacs, which is currently still in clinical testing, and this year it will be able to manufacture up to 100 million doses of the mRNA vaccine at its Belgian plant - which is likely to be in the Rixensart location .
CVnCoV will "probably be submitted to the authorities for review in the second quarter of 2021"; the EU Commission has pre-ordered 405 million cans.
GSK is a shareholder in CureVac
GlaxoSmithKline is already a shareholder in Tübingen. Last summer, the group acquired ten percent of CureVac for 150 million euros and concluded an R&D alliance on mRNA vaccines and antibodies against infectious diseases - at that time, however, expressly without the indication COVID-19. The federal government, which joined in June 2020 with 300 million euros, is also part of the CureVacs group of shareholders.
As part of the collaboration that has now been expanded to include corona prevention, GSK is making an advance payment of 75 million euros. According to the information, CureVac can rake in a further milestone payment in the same amount as soon as unspecified development successes occur.
With the exception of Switzerland, GSK will be the authorization holder for the next corona vaccine that has been jointly developed and will market the preparation worldwide - with the exception of Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
GlaxoSmithKline is also developing a COVID-19 vaccine together with Sanofi. According to the latest information, this candidate, to which GSK is contributing an active enhancer, should reach clinical test phase III in the second quarter. (cw)
- How does a social media expert work
- How many forms is Lord Shiva
- What do backpackers love about India
- Leave your dog outside of animal cruelty
- What's the best porn for iPad
- What is the history of minnesota
- Collection agencies can withdraw from savings accounts
- What is environmental biology
- Will BTS ever be on WE Day
- What is your opinion on tongue piercings
- When will the Muslims leave India?
- What was the real name of Jesus Christ
- Ordinary light can produce a diffraction pattern
- What is a systematic deception
- What is Generic Form of Acarbose
- Who turned rugby into American football?
- How can I write a great advertisement
- Healthcare IT What is the SureScripts business model
- What external support do startups need most?
- What does Discussion Forum mean
- Where can I find business case studies
- What are boats
- We are entitled to privacy
- Who sang in 1969