What is the diffusion mechanism
to directory mode
Diffusion processes in the pores
Various diffusion mechanisms can take place in the pores:
- Free molecular diffusion / normal diffusion
- Knudsen diffusion
- Configurational diffusion
Which of the three diffusion mechanisms dominates depends on the pore diameter and the gas pressure - i.e. on the free path of the individual molecules.
In large pores, the molecules will seldom hit the wall. There is free molecular gas diffusion, which can be described with the binary gas diffusion coefficient.
Since the structure of the porous catalyst is not taken into account in this diffusion coefficient, the effective diffusion coefficient became
introduced. The porosity factor reflects the area proportion of the pore openings on the outer surface, the labyrinth factor the internal cross-linking.
If the pore size is smaller than the mean free path of the molecules, these will pass their momentum on to the pore wall more often than to other molecules in the pore structure. This area is called the Knudsen diffusion. The associated effective diffusion coefficient is calculated as follows:
If the pore diameter assumes the order of magnitude of a molecule, the mass transport is described by the configurational diffusion. A typical example of this is the transport of substances within the pore structure of a zeolite.
Small changes to the structure of the solid can shift the value of the diffusion coefficient by several powers of ten. Slight structural changes in the diffusing species can cause the same effect (cf. diffusion ofiso- andn-Alkanes in zeolite A).
It is not yet possible to estimate the speed of the configurable diffusion in advance.
- A blog niche can be too unpopular
- How is kissing different around the world?
- Why does home-brewed beer taste sour
- How do I watch a movie here
- What is the history of the soap
- Why do Bosniaks hate Armenians so much
- When should you seek help with trauma
- What does rapid prototyping mean
- What do children do in play school
- Is the company's board of directors responsible to the shareholders
- Can smartphones be connected to desktop processors?
- Why is feminine a derogatory word
- How much can I make with waitresses
- What is the Pharma API Marketing Process
- What are vegan's favorite foods
- Where can I learn about process optimization
- How can I get into testing games
- Why many students prefer CSE in IITs
- What is the Lovecraftian Video Game
- How can I become a Jedi Knight
- Is parenting an easy major
- Borders Serbia with Albania
- What is the science behind charisma
- What if I failed in JEE