Is space travel adventurous?
In Casablanca everything revolved around space travel
Because exactly 50 years ago, the first person circumnavigated the earth in a spaceship. It was the Russian Yuri Gagarin, and once again the world power in the east had been ahead in a stage of manned space travel.
The publicist Walter Famler was on the trail of the Russian space legend Yuri Gagarin. Accompanied by a camera, a team of four set off for Russia in 2007 with two adventurous cars. On the one hand, it was a Steyr Puch 500, bright red and named Vostok 1 just like Gagarin's space capsule.
Thanks to a peculiarity of the Austrian registration system, the name was even on the number plate of the classic car. The escort vehicle was an old ambulance with more than 300,000 kilometers under its belt.
With a lot of self-irony, the film follows the journey of the Austrians, which led to the Red Square in Moscow and to some important stations in Gagarin's life. Famler, who describes himself as the commander of the KOCMOC / Gagarin group, had a noble goal on this trip.
To conjure up the smile of Yuri Gagarin on as many women's faces as possible. He often succeeded in doing that, and the audience in the Casa also enjoyed the oblique stripe.
The film has only been shown 15 to 20 times so far, said the author and actor Famler at the end. But never before has the iconic flick been shown on such a big screen and in such a beautiful cinema.
More serious was the part of the evening in which Peter Schramm from the Association for the Promotion of Private Space Travel and space travel expert Eugen Reichl gave an insight into the state of the art. Ten companies, all privately financed, are currently building and testing rockets with the goal of an inexpensive trip into space.
The names of these companies are only known to insiders, only Boeing is an exception. Some of these projects are well advanced and many maiden flights are planned for the next few years.
The donors are mostly young entrepreneurs who have made money with their business ideas. The head of Amazon is investing billions in his space project. While half of the new companies are satisfied with a goal of 100 kilometers, the others compete in the premier class of space flight. You want to fly into space.
To do this, the rockets do not have to be accelerated to 4,000 kilometers per hour, as is the case with suborbital flights, but to the almost unimaginable speed of 28,000 kilometers per hour. These machines, which are supposed to fly to the ISS space station, are correspondingly large.
With the help of many pictures and film sequences, Eugen Reichl showed the high standard that private space travel has already achieved. His credo was: "The future belongs to private space travel". One reason is certainly the detachment from government standards and regulations.
But also the fact that something can go wrong once in a while without states losing face. Because, as is usual with pioneers, many developments are based on trial and error.
Show all articles for the following keyword:Amazon
Show all articles for the following keyword:Boeing
Show all articles for the following keyword:Yuri Gagarin
Show all articles for the following keyword:Cinemas
Show all articles for the following keyword:Missiles
- Why is pyridine poisonous
- Which headphones are good Sony or Philips
- What is the hybridization of gasoline
- Indoor climbing is good workout
- Why are car dealerships open on Sunday?
- 100 is greater than 101
- What is social learning
- On which scale is the wind measured?
- What is a conjunctive adverb in grammar
- Why are red cameras so expensive
- Is Messi racist
- How do people find referees
- Are the particles bound together in a solid
- What are the qualifications of the operations manager
- Is that an effective business card
- Why are blue whales described as elusive
- Why is an operation important for the midwife
- What is the origin of poverty
- What is Lifehouse's Most Successful Song
- What is your most sensitive part
- What are the benefits of mediation
- What's your favorite Slow English song
- Why is my baby very listless
- What is your ethnic background no racism
- What are some Chinese minority patriotic songs
- How good were German warships in World War II
- What is the new syllabus for the SAT exam
- Do you like long walks or runs
- There are goodwill businesses in Japan
- Standardized tests should be abolished
- What does tragedy mean after the storm
- Whoever sings the song couldn't be better
- What's the point of Business Insider
- Who is Kawaki in Boruto