Why is cranberry juice considered a diuretic
Synonyms: American cranberry, American cranberry, large-fruited cranberry, cranberry, craneberry, etc.
Pharmaceutical drug: Vaccinium macrocarpon
Trade names: Cranberry VITAL et al.
English: cranberry, American cranberry
The cranberry belongs to the heather family (Ericaceae). The active ingredients contained in the plant are used in medicine as phytotherapeutic agents.
The cranberry is an evergreen dwarf shrub with almost cherry-sized, red fruits. The plant is native to North America. The fruits are used in naturopathy. Native Americans already appreciated the medicinal benefits of cranberries. Folk medicine uses dried or cooked cranberries to treat urinary tract diseases and to combat aging.
3 active ingredients
The main components include flavonoids, vitamin C, zinc, phosphorus, boron, pectin, hyperoside, eugenol, oleanolic acid, parasorbic acid, oxalic acid, citric acid and proanthocyanidins.
The preventive effect against urinary tract infections is apparently based on the fact that the proanthocyanidins inhibit the growth of intestinal bacteria such as Escherichia coli in the urinary tract. Anti-inflammatory, diuretic, bactericidal, anti-rheumatic, tonic, antipyretic, appetite-stimulating and anti-carcinogenic properties are attributed to the natural remedy. In addition, cranberries are considered to be a source of vitamin C and anti-aging agents.
Cranberries are traditionally administered as part of the supportive therapy for urinary tract infections. In addition, the natural remedy is used to lower the cholesterol level.
6 application forms
The natural remedy is administered orally in the form of capsules, tablets, as well as powder, fruit tea or juice. The seed oil is suitable for topical application.
7 Adverse drug effects
There are no known side effects.
- Which lens is best for street photography?
- Is grilled meat carcinogenic?
- Are we all connected somehow?
- How does WhatsApp 15
- What is the collective word of missiles
- Is Robbie Williams a tenor or a baritone
- Why didn't President Putin remarry?
- What is fragmentation in the OSI model
- When will the SAT exam take place?
- Who was Charles II of Spain
- Tata Tigor is a mistake
- Where did MacGyver learn his skills
- Do you like the Cub Linux operating system?
- What is the toughest course in the trade
- What is the future of passenger transportation
- What does social selling look like?
- How do I design the height of buildings
- Is crawling Instagram pages legal
- People like the color pink
- Changed the election in Paraguay a bit
- Why is trust so important in communication
- Who invented FIFA?
- What's your favorite twisted sister song
- What is it like to do cave diving?