How does AI improve your life
What is artificial intelligence and how is it used?
Online shopping and advertising
Artificial intelligence is used to give customers personalized recommendations based, for example, on previous product searches and purchases or on their other online behavior. AI is of great importance for retail, especially when it comes to optimizing products, planning stocks and in logistics.
Search engines learn from large amounts of data entered by users in order to provide relevant search results.
Digital personal assistants
Smartphones use AI for optimal personalization. Virtual assistants answering questions, making recommendations, and helping organize everyday life have become ubiquitous.
Written and spoken language translation tools rely on artificial intelligence to provide and improve translations. AI can also be used to automatically create subtitles for video content or TV shows.
Smart houses, cities and infrastructures
Smart thermostats learn from our usage behavior in order to save energy, while in smart cities traffic should be regulated using AI in order to improve connectivity and reduce traffic congestion.
Even if self-driving vehicles are not yet standard, cars already use AI-supported safety functions. For example, the EU is funding the VI-DAS initiative, which aims to develop automatic sensors that detect dangerous situations.
Another area of application for AI is intelligent navigation.
AI systems can help detect and combat cyberattacks and other cyber threats. They rely on the continuous input of data, whereby patterns can be recognized and attacks can be traced.
Artificial intelligence against Covid-19
In the course of the corona crisis, artificial intelligence is used, for example, in intelligent thermal imaging cameras at airports. It is used in medicine to detect infections on computed tomography of the lungs. AI is also used to provide data to track the spread of the virus.
Certain applications based on AI can detect fake news and disinformation by analyzing content from social media, searching for key terms and determining which sources are considered reliable.
Learn more about how MEPs intend to shape data legislation to drive innovation and ensure security.
- Why was gold so important to trade
- How can evapotranspiration be reduced
- Is 134 a good score in NMAT
- Why do journalists love word games
- How do radical Muslims have fun?
- Does biotechnology physics
- How are laws decided
- Is puppy food good for older dogs
- What causes the characteristic heart tones
- Why were conquistadors drawn to America
- India overreacts to Pakistan
- Does music really help you find peace
- Is perfection subjective
- How are MySQL tables damaged
- What produces red blood cells
- Where can I learn conversation skills online
- Will Brexit ruin your new year
- Who was William Bradford
- Is Butcher Box worth the price
- What are some basic math proofs
- Why are blue whales described as elusive
- How can you free yourself from sin?
- Why don't dogs work together while bathing?
- Are BMWs generally reliable
- How is CSE doing at IIIT Hyderabad
- Do non-metals react with bases 1
- Is IEEE CS under IEEE
- Which city is better Nanded or Nagpur
- Does the government offer free internet
- How rare is a white hawk
- What are some good gay novels
- What can a startup bootstrap do
- What are the damped vibrations
- Why should children learn foreign languages