What is there to live for
What is worth living for
Most of the time life goes without saying. You just exist. But why do we even take on the stresses of everyday life? What makes existence meaningful? Is it responsibility for tomorrow or the intensity of now? This dossier sharpens your eye for what really matters.
Article from the dossier
The ideal of intensityNils Markwardt
We know it from films and novels: The question of the reward in life typically only arises in retrospect. As a settlement with yourself and the world. When existence flies by in front of the inner eye, a biographical balance sheet is drawn: Was it worth it? Was it worth it? Would you do it all over again? It would be much more natural not to postpone the question of what it is worth living for until it is too late, but to make it the yardstick of the present and the future. On the one hand, because it impregnates later feelings of remorse. Anyone who is clear about what makes life really worth living becomes at least a little weatherproof compared to the melancholy subjunctive of "If I had ...". On the other hand, the question as such has become much more urgent: As traditional systems of attachment have lost their influence, i.e. the importance of religion, nation and family has dwindled, the personal pressure of meaning has increased enormously. What is it worth getting up for in the morning, yes, even taking on the troubles of life? What exactly is it that gives you support even in difficult times? And in the end it really counts - will have counted?
Sense of beingTheresa Schouwink
Human existence is not self-evident. Philosophers have always argued about what for. Three central conflicts to illuminate the darkness of existence.
What really mattersRobert Pfaller
It seems that there are as many answers to this question as there are human beings. However, if you read the following articles by well-known thinkers carefully, you will notice: Certain aspects return that we generally disregard or even fear.
- What games require more presence of mind
- Where was Ant Man before Avengers Endgame
- What is the description of enzyme synthesis
- Career advice Make introverts good professors
- What's about civilization
- Is it possible to always stay positive?
- How is the IELTS test structured
- Why do patients react differently to medication
- Why did you choose Engineering and ECE
- Is the Nintendo Switch Pro controller wired
- What illness can lead to death
- The Messiah will come twice
- How does baking soda kill rats?
- Alan Turing was a hacker
- Can soldiers have tattoos?
- Which universities are there in Rajkot
- Make squirrels like bird seed
- How did Batman affect your life
- Is Brazil rich or poor
- How was Yahoo hacked in 2014
- What makes TV coverage convincing
- Why are Roger Federer's arms thin?
- The IRS isn't technically illegal
- How do I draw city skylines